Saturday, August 4, 2012

Black & White Spooky - Try Stampin' on Tuesday # 77

This card was inspired by my own adventures with bats in my house. Although I had only 1 bat in the  house at a time, it felt like there was a whole swarm of them.  See blog post: here and here When I saw the sketch with Try Stampin' on Tuesday here I immediately visualized bats flying through the air (I wonder why!!)
Here is my card:

 
The Bats were embossed with black embossing powder on Whisper White paper. To make the card a little more spooky, the right hand corner was embossed with the spider web embossing folder. The color scheme of black and white was deliberately chosen to enhance the "spookiness"
Although the designer paper is from last year, it fit into my theme perfectly.

Stamp:  Wicked Cool
Inks: Versa Mark
Papers: Basic Black, Whisper White, Retired Halloween designer paper,
Accessories: Black embossing powder, Spider Web embossing folder, mat pack & paper piercer, Lots of Tags (Label 3) die, Ovals die, black rhinestones (retired), 5/8" Black satin ribbon (retired), Scallop border punch, dimensionals

5 comments:

Kristen Conant said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! Perfect sketch for this! Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin On Tuesday!

Kelly said...

Congratulation! Your project has been chosen for the Blog Finds of the Day on August 6. If you would like to see other projects chosen for blog finds, please visit http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com

Carol said...

What a spooktacular card. Love the B/W.

The Red Hot Stampers said...

Great Halloween card. It works perfectly for this sketch.

Jenn Picard said...

Fabulous card! Love the flying bats but I definately prefer them on paper too! Thanks for joining us at try Stampin' on Tuesday!