Thursday, August 16, 2012

Falling Leaves - Try Stampin' on Tuesday #79

The weather is definitely cooler!  Can you feel Autumn in the air?  I thought I would take a break from making Christmas cards and make some Fall/Thanksgiving cards and to do this, I used the sketch challenge with Try Stampin' on Tuesday here
I have been fascinated by the Autumn Accents die and have been trying different things to give the leaves dimension and I think I succeeded.  But, I'm ahead of myself.
Here is the card:
 

Technique:
After die cutting the leaves in different colors, I folded them in half and laid them at an angle in the woodgrain folder.  The edges were sponged with Early Espresso, and then the leaves were spritzed with gold smooch.  The acorn was made by cutting the top off a Soft Suede one, embossing it with the Square lattice folder, and then attaching it to the top of the Summer starfruit acorn.  I learned this technique from Frances Martin (Frenchie).  The leaves and acorn was attached to a 2 1/2" circle using dimensionals.

Stamps: Grateful Greetings (retired)
Inks: Early Espresso
Papers: More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Comfort Cafe designer paper, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla
Accessories: 2 1/2" circle punch, Autumn Accents die, Woodgrain folder, Square Lattice folder, Neutral buttons, 1/4" Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon (retired), dimensionals, glue dots, gold smooch

6 comments:

Jayne Stenstrom said...

Very cute card! I love how you gave texture to the leaves.

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the autumn theme--and all that texture is amazing! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

Lorie Hethorn said...

What a beautiful card! Love the papers and leaves! Are those buttons at the top left? Cute!

www.loriesstampingplace.blogspot.com

Deb said...

Love this card and what you did with the leaves and acorn. Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday

Nancy Seed said...

Not only inspired by the sketch but the changing of the seasons. Great job Maria. Thanks for playing along with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Maria, this is STUNNING! I love the texture to this card. Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin'.