Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Snowman Family - Create with Connie & Mary #219

Yesterday was such a beautiful day that I got a lot of gardening done.  I'm thankful for that day because it's supposed to rain today - with a risk of frost tonight.  Thank goodness my geraniums are inside.
Before we know it, our children will be making snowmen like in the card I made for the sketch challenge with Create with Connie & Mary here

2012 Create Challenges-035 

Technique:
This 5 by 5" card has a base of Baja breeeze embossed with the Northern Flurries folder.
This image was stamped on Whisper White cardstock using Black Stazon ink and die cut using the Labels framelit.  It was colored using SU markers; the outline was coloured with Bashful blue and an Aquapainter.  Some dazzling diamonds was placed on the fur cuff of the hat, and dazzling details was lightly applied around the edges of each of the snow people.
A strip of designer paper was placed alsong the bottom edge.
Using the Snow Flurry die, 2 snowflakes were die cut using Silver glimmer paper - a medium one and a small one.  A red glimmer brad was inserted in the middle of each of them.  They were attached to the card on the left lower image with glue dots.

Stamps: Frosty Friends, Winter Memories
Inks: Black Stazon, SU markers
Papers: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer, Snow Festival designer paper
Accessories: Snow Flurry die, Labels framelit, Dazzling details, Dazzling diamonds, Glimmer Brads, Aqua painter

9 comments:

Mary Brown said...

Oh I just LOVE this stamp! What a fun lineup of snowmen...ADORABLE!!! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Deb said...

How darling!! I just love this image!! And your snowflakes with the rhinestones are perfect!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh Maria...you may just have helped me design my Christmas Card! I want to use that stamp image and I love your card and the snowflakes and the snowflake embossed background! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the Thursday Sketch Challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Melissa Davies said...

I love how you added the glitter brads to the center of the snowflake! It really makes them stand out on the card! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!!

Elizabeth Price said...

What an adorable card. I love the snowflakes layered on textured snowflakes, that's too cool. I am so glad to have visited your fabulous blog. Thanks a bunch for joining along in our sketch challenge this week. Smiles, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I really need to buy that snowman stamp. We are a family of 5 and it would be perfect for us except that no one is a baby anymore and all my boys are taller than me! I'm so glad you joined the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week.
Monika

Jen Mitchell said...

What cute little snowmen! Love your coloring and the glimmer snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I just used this same stamp image today and I love it! Great job coloring and thanks for participating with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

What a darling card and a great sample using these adorable snowmen! Love the glimmer snowflakes! I see you made top 3 this week...Congratulations and Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!