Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chickadee Happy Christmas - Sketch Frenzy Friday

Well, it's finally come to an end!  My craft shows that is.  This weekend is a 3 day event at a private residence in Ennismore and although I look forward to it, I also look forward for it to be over.  Last weekend I did 2 craft shows at once - no, I didn't clone myself.  One of the shows was set up boutique style and vendors were not permitted to be there - so I set up at another show.
So, while you are reading this post, I will be busy working.  Hope you have a more relaxing weekend.
This Friday's Sketch Frenzy sketch is provided to you by Tammy Fife.

11/30/12 Kim Innis 

I must admit I was initally stumped by this sketch, although it is not a difficult one.  Maybe because I'm tired and in overdrive.  After thinking about it for a while, I finally chose my stamp set and started my card.
I started by stamping the image of the chickadee, coloring it, and then cutting it out.  Next I punched a 1 3/8" circle in Whisper White and sponged the background with Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze and Island Indigo.  For behind this circle I punched a 1 3/4" circle of Champagne glitter paper and attached the two together.
This was attached to an embossed Very Vanilla background.  A strip of polka dot DSP (the other side) was placed over the lower 1/4 of the circle and a chocolate brown polka dot scalloped ribbon was put over it.  
Then my little bird was attached (with dimensionals) to the circle covering the DSP a bit.  Notice the tiny pearl in the eye.

Stamp: Beautiful Season, Many Merry Messages
Inks: Black Stazon, SU markers, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, Island Indigo
Papers: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Polka dot DSP, Champagne glitter paper
Accessories: Petals-a-plenty folder, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, Chocolate chip polka dot scallop ribbon, Pearls, dimensionals

1 comment:

Deb said...

Your card is just so sweet! I love the bird for the focal image! Great Christmas card!!