Monday, September 22, 2014

Beauty of the Season Candle Holder

I got this idea from Sandy Dailey, who described the technique on how to transfer a stamped image onto a glass surface.
Since I wasn't sure how my candle holder would turn out, I went shopping at the REstore and bought 2 glass jars for 50 cents a piece.  They actually turned out quite nice.





The image was stamped using Memento ink onto tissue paper from the Paper Pumpkin kit, and coloured using blendabilities.
I cut the tissue paper so that there was 1" extra over the top, covered the bottom, and overlapped 1/2" around.
Mod Podge was applied to the surface of the glass and the tissue paper gently wrapped around the glass candle holder.  A layer of Mod Podge was applied to the surface, and when dry I used a craft knife to remove the excess tissue paper at the top.  I then applied a second coat of Mod Podge.

This glass jar did not have a lid on it, but it did have a lip, so I wrapped a Real Red ribbon around the top and tied it into a bow.

I don't have a flameless candle yet, but I can just imagine what this will look like with it fluttering inside!

3 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

Maria What a beautiful candleholder; great job and TFS!

Unknown said...

That is beautiful! I hope I can make one (or more) as well! Thanks for sharing!!

Sandi said...

So happy you tried this Maria -- it is very addictive, but I love making these. Yours turned out beautiful. You will probably never throw away a glass vase or used candle jar again (ask me how I know -- I never buy something to alter). Thanks for sharing!!