Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Falling Leaves Happy Thanksgiving

Today is the day for making Thanksgiving Cards.  I think I'm finished now as I have enough for my craft shows.
For this card I used the Autumn Accents die with Very Vanilla card stock, and the stamp set "Four Feathers"

After die cutting the leaves, I sponged them with several colours (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip) and sponged the edges with Soft Suede.  Each leaf was then slightly spritzed with water and crumpled up - and restraightened but leaving a lot of the creases in them.
While they were drying, I stamped and die cut two of the feathers, and sponged the edges with Soft Suede.
The basic card is Soft Suede, layered with Very Vanilla embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  This layer was sponged on the edges and lightly all over.

Once dry, I arranged the leaves in the upper left hand corner and adhered them with an Antique brad.  A bow of twine was adhered just under this brad.

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Four Feathers
Inks: Real Red, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Papers: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso (top of acorn)
Accessories: Autumn Accents die, Four Feathers framelit, Antique Brad, twine, square lattice embossing folder (top of acorn), Woodgrain embossing folder

No comments: