Saturday, September 13, 2014

Festival of Trees

I'm taking a break from Halloween and Thanksgiving cards and gifts to focus on Christmas a little bit.  My next craft show is Thanksgiving weekend, and I'm feeling the crunch.

When I saw the Festival of Trees stamp set with its coordinating Tree Punch in the Holiday catalogue, I must admit I wasn't too thrilled!  So, I did not order it.  But the stamp set grew on me, and finally I broke down and ordered it.  I'm glad I did, because I now quite like it.

I also used the Filigree embossing folder for the first time - and it's so elegant!





I started out by embossing the Whisper White card stock, and using Sky Blue ink, stamped snow in the middle of it.
In the meantime I was stamping the trees using Old Olive ink, punching them out with the Tree Punch.  The poor trees just needed to stand in a bucket, so I stamped them with Chocolate Chip ink and hand cut them, then attachied them to the trunk of the tree with glue dots.

Next came the cardinals.  I could have made them Blue Jays, but in my mind's eye I saw Cardinals.  So I stamped 3 with Real Red ink and hand cut them - a bit tedious but well worth it.  Before cutting thems out I touched them up with a Cherry Cobbler marker go give the birds some dimension.

Seeing it was snowing in the background, there had to be snow on the trees, so I applied some dazzling diamonds to each tree.

Now I attached the trees to the embossed whisper white layer using dimensionals, staggering them so they weren't in a straight line.  The birds were attached with glue dots.

Finally the sentiment.  It is from More Merry Messages, and I die cut it using Itty Bitty Framelits, curled it up and attached it to the bottom using glue dots.

Stamps: Festival of Trees, More Merry Messages
Inks: Soft Sky, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler marker
Papers: Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Tree Punch, Filigree Embossing Folder, Dazzling Diamonds, Itty Bitty Banner framelits, dimensionals.

No comments: