Monday, October 20, 2014

A Tag Decorated Note Pad

Today was just a day to lay low - I wish!! There were a hundred and one things to do today, including going through my craft things to remove all the Halloween and Thanksgiving items. Now my boxes are all repacked and ready for the next show.
I'm still making new stock.  That never seems to end.
Today I made a different decorated note pad that I came across on Pinterest.  It was made by a demonstrator called Michelle who made a video tutorial on how to make it.  I followed it to make this decorated note pad, with a few exceptions.  If you want to make one here is the link





I started with an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock.  This was made into an 8 by 11 piece, which was then scored at 2 3/4, 3, 8 and 8 1/4" on the long side.
A piece of 2 by 5 piece of DSP with a scalloped piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock was attached to the top of the note pad.  I also attached a 1/8" piece of Coastal Cabana ribbon to this piece.
Then I attached the note pad between the scored lines, and added DSP to the front pieces

The tags I made using Vanilla cardstock and a tag punch. They measure 4 3/4 by 2 3/8".  I punched a 1" circle with brown cardstock and punched a hole in the middle of it.
I decorated both sides using the Gorgeous Grunge and the Best of Sheila stamps, and sponged the edges with Smoky Slate ink.
After attaching the tags, DSP was added to both inside covers.
A piece of 1/8" Coastal Cabana ribbon was used to tie the note pad closed.

Here are the measurements:
. 5 by 8" note pad
. 8  by 11 cardstock (scored st 2 3/4, 3, 8, 8 1/4")
. 4 tags measuring 4 3/4 by 2 3/8"
. 4 pieces of DSP measuring 2 1/2 by 7 3/4"
. 1 piece of DSP 2 by 5"

Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Best of Sheila
Inks: Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana
Papers: Coastal Cabana, Very Vanilla, Confetti Celebration DSP
Accessories: Note Pad, 1/8" Coastal Cabana ribbon, hole punch, tag punch, scallop border punch





No comments: