Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Glitter Glass Magnets

It's been a busy week for me, and now that my all day card making class is over I am beginning to get ready for my next craft show.
Today I thought I would make something I saw on Pinterest here - glitter glass magnets (I didn't make the pins)





It was not as easy a process as one might think.  I think I must have made every mistake in the book - put the glitter on the wrong side, didn't wait long enough for it to dry, the magnet wouldn't stick etc, etc.  But I figured it out, and made various colours and sizes of glitter magnet.

Supplies Needed:

  • Glass  beads - 1" and 3/4" size (floral department in dollar store)
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam brush
  • Magnets in 2 sizes - larger one for the 1" size, and the smaller one for the 3/4" size
  • Various colors of glitter
  • Glue 6000 (Michaels)
Here's how I made them:
  1. Turn each glass bead on its round side (i.e. flat side up)
  2. Apply mod podge with foam brush to this side - generous amount
  3. Sprinkle a generous amount of glitter on top of the mod podge
  4. Let dry over night
  5. Apply glue to magnet and attach to the glittered side.
  6. Let dry at least an hour
Clean any excess mod podge from the rounded sidc of the glass bead (I used a baby wipe)
Made as many as you want at the same time.

I placed the glass beads on a piece of card board, and for each colour of glitter I used a separate piece of paper so that I could pour the excess remaining glitter back in the jar.

No comments: