Today I thought I would make something I saw on Pinterest here - glitter glass magnets (I didn't make the pins)
It was not as easy a process as one might think. I think I must have made every mistake in the book - put the glitter on the wrong side, didn't wait long enough for it to dry, the magnet wouldn't stick etc, etc. But I figured it out, and made various colours and sizes of glitter magnet.
- Glass beads - 1" and 3/4" size (floral department in dollar store)
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Magnets in 2 sizes - larger one for the 1" size, and the smaller one for the 3/4" size
- Various colors of glitter
- Glue 6000 (Michaels)
- Turn each glass bead on its round side (i.e. flat side up)
- Apply mod podge with foam brush to this side - generous amount
- Sprinkle a generous amount of glitter on top of the mod podge
- Let dry over night
- Apply glue to magnet and attach to the glittered side.
- Let dry at least an hour
Made as many as you want at the same time.
I placed the glass beads on a piece of card board, and for each colour of glitter I used a separate piece of paper so that I could pour the excess remaining glitter back in the jar.