Friday, January 23, 2015

It's Your Day - The Paper Players #228

Today is my day for making Masculine birthday cards.  Before I finished for the day, I thought I would check over at The Paper Players to see what their challenge was, and lo and behold I decided to do it.

It's a CAS (Clean and Simple) challenge, and I don't usually do those because I find them difficult.  I'm a fusser and I like layers and embellishments.

Anyway, here's the challenge at The Paper Players  Make a CAS card with the sentiment the focal part of the card.





I can't believe I made a one layer card with the focal point being the sentiment from the stamp set "Big on You".  I must admit, I did fuss around a bit looking for some masculine embellishments, and settled on one Autumn wooden element, which I colored with markers (and then put Crystal Effects on) and 2 Sizzlet Little Leaves (both of which are retired)

The sentiment was stamped with Mossy Meadow on Whisper White cardstock, and die cut with the Banners Framelit.  The die cut was matted with Mossy Meadow cardstock.  I filled in the emply areas in the sentment with a Mossy Meadow marker.

The card base is Mossy Meadow, layered with a piece of DSP from the Adventure Bound DSP stack.  The banner was attached to this layer with dimensionals.
Then I added the 2 Little leaves and the acorn.
I'm still not quite sure my card is actually finished, but I think it meets the criteria of the challenge.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

I also used the Banner Framelits.

When I went to post it to the Paper Players site, the Linky closed right before my eyes.  Drat!  I hate when that heppens!

No comments: