Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Moon Lake Thinking of You - The Paper Players #229

Wow, was I surprised the other day!  A friend brought her cousin over to examine the tiles I had finished in alcohol ink, water proofed and heat proofed them.  My expectation was that she might buy one, maybe two, but she bought all I had, including the coasters.  Now, that's a good thing, and that's a bad thing.  The good thing is that she must have liked them; the bad thing is that I have to scramble to make more for my craft showing next week.  Which of course I did.
But, I can only do that task for so long, and then I get back into card making.  So, with alcohol ink-stained hands, I made this "Thinking of You" masculine card for the sketch challenge with the Paper Players here

I love nature stamps, and this set is no different. It is so versatile, and only limited by one's imagination.  With it I used the Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP which was SU's product focus of the week.

Here's the card I made:

 
I chose the image of the Canada Goose and patch of reeds.  I see so many of these birds as I live beside a river and in the spring and fall they fly over the river, and congregate just upstream in a little lake.  When they take flight, they raise quite a racket!

It was stamped with Black Memento, and coloured with blendabilities.  The water was coloured with Marina Mist ink and an Aqua painter; the sky sponged with Soft Sky and Marina Mist (using scallop circles glued together to create the clouds).  I used the 2 1/2" circle punch to punch the image, and matted it with a die cut from the Windows framelits.  The two were adhered together using dimensionals.

The base card is Marina Mist, layered with Whisper White.  The next layer is the Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP which I sponged with Soft Sky, Marina Mist, and Wild Wasabi, then wiped off before adhering it to the Whisper White layers.  At the bottom, I placed  some 1 1/4" Burlap ribbon notched at both ends.  At the top right I put a Naturals button threaded with Early Espresso baker's twine.

The sentiment was stamped with Basic Black ink, punched with the Word Window punch and layered with the 1 3/4 by 7/8" oval punch.

 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

What a pretty card, Maria! Great coloring job and I love the burlap banner. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players!

Karren said...

This is such a gorgeous card! I love that little scene you've created and the burlap looks fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.