Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sheltering Tree - Be My Valentine

I've been itching to play with the Sheltering Tree stamp set, and today I got the opportunity.  I decided to make it a Valentine card.

The image of the tree is stamped with Chocolate Chip ink on Whisper white cardstock.  The swing was added, and then I added blossoms to the tree.  For that I used Melon Mambo, but I stamped off once first before stamping over the tree.
The hearts in the tree were punched using the Owl Builder punch - some in Pink Pirouette, and some in Real Red.  I wanted to have some bling in the tree, so I punched some more hearts again with the Owl Builder punch - some using red glimmer paper, and some in Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper that I coloured with Pink Pirouette marker.  These glimmer hearts were added to the original hearts, but didn't cover them.
The corners of the image panel were rounded, as was the Real Red mat.

The sentiment is from P.S. I Love You, a retired Valentine Day stamp.

The base cardstock is Basic Black, layered with Whisper White.  On the left side of the Whisper White, two banners made with the Stacked with Love DSP were added.  On the right side the heart images were stamped in Real Red ink using the "You Plus Me" stamp set.

The image panel was attached to the card using dimensionals.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment:

Patrice Herrera said...

This card is really pretty!