Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Z-fold card -You Make Me Happy - SUO challenge #122 & Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge #251

I've always wanted to make a Z-fold card, and I love my flowers, so combining the two just seemed a natural thing to do.  I also combined 2 challenges - SUO #122 - Fun Flowers and Pals Paper Arts #251 which is a colour challenge.  So I made the fun flowers on my card in the following colours:  Daffodil Delight, Melon mambo, and Tempting Turquoise.
To make the Z-fold card, I used a tutorial found on the Too Cool Stamping blog
 







The base of the card is Daffodil Delight, layered with Whisper White.

Two stamp sets were used to make the flowers in the 3 colours mentioned.

The larger flowers are from"Flower Shop". They were stamped with Versa Mark and embossed with their respective colours. The flowers were punched using the coordinating Pansy Punch.  With the 1/2" circle punch, cardstock colours to match the flowers were punched, embossed with the Decorative dots embossing folder and adhered to the flower centers using a dimensional.

The smaller flowers are from "Petite Petals" and they were stamped using the 3 challenge colours, and punched using the coordinating Petite Petals punch.  Some were used as centers for the larger flowers and all of them had rhinestones in their centers.

The flowers were attached to the Z-fold card as shown in the picture.

The sentiment is from "Crazy About You".

Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



I also used Melon Mambo embossing powder and the heat tool.


I missed the deadline for the PPA linky, but I'm posting anyway.



3 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, this turned out fabulous!! Love the fold along with all of the fun flowers- thanks for joining in with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful vibrant flowers Maria, I love the colours :) I hope you are doing well, Shirleyx

Julia said...

very pretty with bright fun colours!! Looks great on the z fold! So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO.