Monday, May 25, 2015

Happy Birthday with Bloom with Hope - Pals Paper Arts #252

What a week I've just had!  It's no wonder I have been feeling decidedly under the weather.  I slept until 4 pm - something I never do - but I'm awake now.

The challenge with Pals Paper Arts is a sketch one.  When I looked at the sketch no ideas came to me, but then I thought of flowers and retiring stamp sets and decided on using "Bloom with Hope".  To make my card I turned the sketch on its side.

PPA252kwb

The hardest part about stamping the images was getting them evening spaced and at the same level.  Thank goodness for the stamp-a-ma-jig. They were stamped with Stazon ink and coloured with markers and an aqua painter, using ink pads (Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive).  The sky around the flowers were also painted using an Aqua painter and ink pads (Soft Sky and Marina Mist)
Once the flowers were coloured, I stamped 3 more sets of flowers on a separate piece of Whisper white.  Only certain parts of each flower were coloured, then cut out and mounted on the original flowers using a dimensional.  The edges were sponged with Melon mambo before I adhered them.  Dazzling details applied to those elevated pieces made the flowers pop.



A piece of 1/4" Pear Pizzazz ribbon was adhered to a 1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock  and adhered to the card just below the flowers.  A bow as attached to the left side with a glue dot.

The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  It was stamped with Basic Black, punched with the small oval punch, layered with a 1 1/4" Pink Pirouette circle, and then attached to a Pear Pizzazz modern word label punchie.  Some rhinestones were added under the sentiment.

This stamp set, as well as the Modern Word Label punch are retiring June 2

Supplies Used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

3 comments:

Jane said...

Very cherry.

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love the popped up flower petals with the dazzling details. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with the PPA this week!

Anonymous said...

Great take on the sketch! The flowers turned out beautifully!