Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Sea Turtle Happy Birthday - Hand Stamped Sentiments #217

It's been a while since I've done some sketch challenges because I've been so busy with craft shows, teaching sessions, etc.
Today I thought I would do the sketch challenge with Hand Stamped Sentiments
I had previously coloured the images of the Sea Turtles from the stamp set "From Land to Sea" while I was at a craft show, and they fit perfectly into the image of the sketch.
  • The base card is Always Artichoke, layered with Basic black, and then Whisper White.
  • Using Marina Mist and the background stamp with "You've Got This" the Whisper White was stamped, and then I took one of the other stamps from the same set and stamped it over the background.  You can see the tail of it under the sentiment.
  • The Sea Turtles were cut into 3 pieces, 2 pieces smaller than the 3rd.  The corners were rounded as per the diagram, and the edges were sponged first with Marina Mist and then Pacific Point ink.
  • I drew some bubbles over the turtle's head, and motion marks around the feet.
Here's a close up of the turtle.

  • These image panels were attached to the stamped background using dimensionals.
  • The sentiment is from "Bring on the Cake" stamp set, and the edges of this banner was also sponged with Marina Mist and Pacific Point ink.
Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so loving your sea turtles. They seem so happy! Love it! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

inkedx2 said...

This is a great image and very colorful. Love how you repeated the image 3 times. Thanks for joining us at HSS.

Robbie

brrenwick said...

I love the turtles in motion...so much fun! Thanks for playing along at HSS!

brrenwick said...

Congratulations Maria!

You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design in our sketch challenge! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog.

Please contact me for the html for your badge of grab it from our blog site post.

Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

Come play again!
HSS Design Team