Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Happy Holidays - Try Stamping on Tuesday #232

I think we're due for some rain tonight, which should break the awful humidity that has hung over the area for days now.
It is a good time to stay indoors and craft though, and I am getting some of my Christmas cards done.
The card I made for the sketch challenge with Try Stampin' on Tuesday is a Christmas card as well, so this one adds to my growing collection.
But, not only is this a sketch challenge, but an add on challenge as well.  The sentiment must has the word "happy" in it.

 
  • The Whisper White base card stock was cut at 4 1/4 by 11 to form a front folding card.
  • It is layered with Rich Razzelberry cardstock.
  • At the right end, an Old Olive green banner punched with the Triple Banner punch is adhered.
  • On a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock two trees were stamped with Old Olive ink, and then punched out using the Tree Punch.  One of the trees was reinserted back into the punch and made into a smaller tree.
  • On the central rectangular Whisper White piece, the two trees were adhered.  The smaller tree was adhered with Tombo; the larger tree lower down and adhered with dimensionals.  Some dazzling details was added to the trees.
  • This image piece was adhered to a piece of "Into the Woods" DSP.
  • The sentiment "Happy Holidays" was stamped using Rich Razzelberry ink onto Vellum cardstock, and both ends notched.  It was adhered over the image piece, and adhered at both ends using Vellum tape.
Supplies Used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

Crystal Komara said...

Hi Maria, oh what a beautiful holiday card this is. I loved the two trees first, but then the vellum overlay with greeting caught my eye. Very nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week. Crystal

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

This is a lovely Christmas card, Maria! Love the colors that you've used! I've been busy working away on my Christmas stash too. Hope I have enough done when it's time to send them out! lol Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday.
Sara H.