Today's card is for the sketch with Try Stampin' on Tuesday
The option was to add ribbon to the card, which I did. And, because it is fall, I used fall colours on my card.
- The image is from "Awesomely Artistic" and coloured with an aquapainter and ink pads. The flowers were painted in Hello Honey and Crushed Curry - the leaves Old Olive and Always Artichoke. Chocolate chip was used for the centers and some of this colour was extended into the flower.
- The edges of the Whisper White panel was sponged with Chocolate Chip and then matted with Chocolate Chip cardstock.
- Using the small banner punch, 3 banners (one Hello Honey, one Old Olive, and one Chocolate Chip) were punched and attached to the bottom of the image panel. A rhinestone was placed on each of these banners.
- The panel at the bottom of the card was coloured using Joseph's coat technique, using the colours of the flowers. The fern leaves were stamped with Versa Mark in a random pattern on this strip of Whisper White. White embossing powder was applied and heat set. Then the 3 colours were sponged randomly on this strip covering it completely. When dry, and embossing buddy was rubbed across the surface before applying a layer of Versa Mark. Clear embossing powder which was heat set completes this panel.
- The basic card is Hello Honey cardstock, layered with Whisper White. I used the stamp with dots on it to stamp a random pattern across the surface of this layer - again using the 3 colours in the flower.
- The coloured panel was adhered to the lower portion of this layer, and the image panel adhered using dimensionals.
- A chocolate chip bow with some gold twine wrapped around it was adhered to the bottom using a glue dot.
- The sentiment is from the same stamp set, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink, made into a banner and adherred with dimensionals. The edges were also sponged.
- Three more rhinestones were added to the upper right of the card.
- Finally, some gold glitter was added to the center of the flowers.
Stamps: Awesomely Artistis
Inks: Black Memento, Hello Honey, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip
Papers: Hello Honey, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Accessories: Aquapainter, gold glitter, rhinestones, 1/4" chocolate chip ribbon, white embossing powder, clear embossing powder, dimensionals, glue dots.