Monday, May 9, 2016

Happy 75th Birthday - Try Stampin' on Tuesday #276

This is a birthday card especially made for Mother's out there.  My mother passed away many years ago now and I truly miss her.  She would have loved this card.  My mother was from Holland, and oh did she love her flowers.






 

I used the windows framelit to create a shaker window in the middle of a piece of Whisper White cardstock.The shaker elements were made using the heart border punch and Bermuda Bay paper mixed in with some silver paper.  Behind it I placed a striped piece of Have a Cuppa DSP.  The base card is Bermuda Bay.

Using the Petite Petal punch and the flower punch from the Accessory pack, I made small flowers  (they almost look like little tulips), punched some Old Olive leaves using the Bird Builder punch, and arranged these around the heart.  Blue glitter was placed in the center of each flower


The sentiment was black embossed on vellum and adhered to the window sheet using glue dots.

The age:  75 was die cut using gold glimmer paper. Ironically - I wasn't thinking about it at the time, but my mom was 75 when she died.

Supplies Used:
Stamp: Butterfly Basics
Ink: Versa Mark
Papers: Bermuda Bay, Have a Cuppa DSP, Whisper White, Gold Glimmer, Window sheet, Vellum, Old Olive
Accessories: Heart Framelits, Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Sizzlits, Petite Flower punch, Small flower punch from accessory pack, Bird Builder punch, Black embossing powder.

No comments: