Monday, October 3, 2016

Spooky Fun Halloween - Pals Paper Arts #320

I've been so busy getting ready for my craft shows I've had little time to craft just for the joy of it.  Tonight it was Halloween cards, and to my surprise I am enjoying texturizing or grunging the cards.
This card was made for the sketch challenge at Pals Paper Arts
The sketch was wide open - like a lot of the open concept homes I have been seeing on decorating shows, and it allowed me to create what I wanted without boundaries.



ppa-320-sep29 

 The card base is Pumpkin Pie made into a top fold A2 card.  The next layer, Whisper White, was the art layer.

The first thing I did was my favourite thing - sponging and applying texture to the art piece.  The edges were distressed using Basic Gray ink, and the rest of this layer was sponged with Night of Navy and Rich Razzellberry.

The moon was die cut from Daffodil Delight using the Layering circles framelit, sponged with Crushed Curry cardstock and adhered to the left side of the card. The black die cut tree was adhered somewhat in front of the moon, and die cut pumpkins placed underneath it.  Two bats were flying freely in the sky, but above the moon was a bat stamped in black on Smoky Slate, die cut, and adhered using dimensionals.  "Eek" echoed across the sky  Below is a close up.



On the right side I placed a 1/2" strip of pumpkin pie glimmer paper, and a Garden Green banner with the sentiment stamped on it was placed horizontally below the pumpkins.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Spooky Fun, Timeless Texture
Inks: Basic Gray, Black Memento, Night of Navy, Rich Razzelberry, Crushed Curry
Papers: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie glimmer paper, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate
Accessories: Layering Circles Framelits, Halloween Edgelits, Dimensionals

No comments: