Sunday, November 20, 2016

November Paper Pumpkin - Another project

I was absolutely thrilled to see what was in this Month's Paper Pumpkin.  No, it was not the blue box - although I did like that.  No, it was not the stamp set - although I did like the stamps; nor was it the two stampin' spots that were included.
What was it?
It was the actual design for the cards!!This month's cards kit featured Lazar cut images of the sleigh ride framelits that were so popular last last year.
Okay, you have to understand what I have been doing the last couple of weeks--making ornaments.  One of the dies I was using was the retired Sleigh ride Framelits as wonderful ornaments can be created.
Ah Ah I said!  I can use these to make ornaments, and I don't have to do any die cutting.  So, that's my alternative  project for this month's Paper Pumpkin kit.  I'm not sure I will make 8 ornaments, but I just might as I have 5 more craft shows coming up.

Above is the Paper Pumpkin kit for November with a picture of the featured cards.

A front view of the Ornament Half shows the sleigh ride die cuts built up with dimensionals against a Night of Navy emboss resist sky.
Dazzling diamonds was added to the lower level to provide some glitter.
In the sky I also adhered some silver sequins.
The half globe was adhered to a large silver glimmer scallop circle the I die cut using the retired Circle framelits.  Some lace trim was adhered around the edge
On the top are 3 ribbons:  a 5/8" white satin, a 3/8" Pool Party glitter; and a 3/8" silver glitter.  In the center are 3 large bells.

Creating the Background:  
On a 3 3/8" whisper white circle, emboss resist some snowflakes from the "Snow Place" stamp set. Don't forget to use the embossing buddy first.
The snowflakes were stamped with Versa Mark, white embossing powder was added, and the snowflakes heat set with a heating tool.
Night of Navy ink was brayered over these snowflakes, covering the entire surface. The snowflakes really popped when a paper towel was wiped over the surface removing the ink over the snowflakes.

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Snow Place
Inks: Night of Navy, Versa Mark
Papers: Whisper White, Silver Glimmer, Dazzling Diamond glimmer, die cuts from November Paper Pumpkin kiteglimmer ribbon, 3/8" silver glimmer ribbon, large silver Christmas bells (non SU), glue gun, tag cord (retired), lace trim (non SU), dazzling diamonds.

1 comment:

Judyy said...

Love it,like colors