Sunday, January 15, 2017

Star Gift Bag

This week I got playing with the Gift Bag punch board to refresh my memory.  It's amazing how rusty you get when you don't use something for a while.
I had already made some Valentine gift bags but I wanted to see if I could make something else. I saw a gift bag with a star top and was challenged to see if I could make that.



I used the retired Fancy Frost Specialty DSP from the last Occasions catalogue. Because this paper is white on white i.e. white with white embossing in it, I coloured it with Delightful Dijon.  This was done by applying the ink pad directly to the paper, using long strokes in one direction.

Starting with a 7 by 10" piece of this coloured card stock, the gift bag punch board was used to punch and score it.  The basic difference from the punching and scoring for a regular gift bag is that the front and back are not punched.  Only the sides are punched all the way across the paper.  Hope that explanation is as clear as mud.

Lace edge trim was inserted through the punched holes and tied into a bow.

Embellishments were made using the Succulents framelits. The smaller gold glimmer flowers were adhered directly to the end of the ribbon- one on the front, and one on the back with the ribbon in between.
The other Very Vanilla ones were adhered using glue does at various levels on a scored fold.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:
Ink: Delightful Dijon
Papers: Very Vanilla, Frost Specialty DSP, Gold Glimmer
Accessories: Gift bag punch board, 3/8" Very Vanilla scallop edge trim, Succulents framelits, glue dots

No comments: