Monday, June 26, 2017

A Rose by Any Other Name.....

The rose from "Graceful Garden" has a vintage look to it so when I was putting this card together for my team swap tomorrow, I gave the art piece a distressed look.

Roses have always been one of my favourite flowers, but I must admit, although I grow other flowers extremely well, Roses are not one of them. The very first house my then husband and I bought had a large rose bed, and within 3 years all the roses were dead.

I was more confident tending to the rose on my card.


The top fold Rose Red card is layered with a Whisper White piece stamped with the Brushstrokes background stamp.

On the Whisper White art piece I stamped the rose towards the right side, and then stamped the lattice background stamp in 2 places using Sahara Sand ink.  The  rose was colored with ink pads and an Aqua painter. The  colors for the rose:  Powder Pink, Rose Red, and Real Red - for the stem and leaves: Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, and Always Artichoke.

Using a paint brush, liquid Versa Mark refill was brushed over the rose only, and it was embossed using clear embossing powder. 

The edges of the art piece were distressed using the blade of a pair of scissors.  I wanted to do some tearing, but was unable to do so as my right thumb is still in a splint. I did fold down a couple of corners.  All edges were then sponged with Sahara Sand ink.

The art piece was adhered to the card front at an angle.  A 1/4" Very Vanilla gold ribbon tied in a bow was attached on the left side.

Would you believe I made 5 of these cards?

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Graceful Garden, Brushstrokes
Inks:  Black Memento, Powder Pink, Rose Red, Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Versa Mark refill
Papers:  Rose Red, Whisper White
Accessories:  Clear embossing powder, 1/4" Very Vanilla gold ribbon, Aqua painter.


This rose reminds me very much of a wood mounted stamp I bought 10 years ago at a garage sale.



No comments: