Thursday, June 22, 2017

Box in a Card

What a neat way to give a card and a present at the same time!!

Design a top folding card, make a notch in one side, and make a gift box to fit in the notch.  Perfect!

I have had  lot of fun making these unusual cards.



I purchased an "all rights reserved"  tutorial from Becky Robert, called  "Twelve Days of Christmas 2016" so I can't share the dimensions of the various card parts or how to put it together.

One thing I can share with you is how I made a box with a see through lid to hold this card,  because obviously it won't fit into an envelope.

Card 1:

The card base is Kraft cardstock with a Whisper White art piece matted with Berry Burst card stock. The stamped images are from "Happy Birthday Gorgeous" with "Timeless Texture" providing some background interest.

The box is made with Foil Frenzy DSP with a Berry Burst lid. On top of the lid is the cute miniature gift bow.

Now, remove the box from the card------


Card 2:

This time I switched up the color to Lucky Limeade to coordinate with the color in the Foil Frenzy DSP.
The images are from "You Move Me"

I will post details about the box tomorrow.

No comments: