Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Hello Friend - Paper Players #358

I love to watercolor, so this week's challenge at The Paper Players was right up my alley.

This week the challenge is a clean and simple one - sometimes difficult for me because I do like to fuss- and to get colouring. Keeping it clean and simple means limited layers and embellishments.

For this week's challenge I pulled out my watercolour pencils and aqua painter.


I stamped the image onto Whisper White card stock, and before colouring the image, I applied liquid masking solution to completely cover it. After that was dry, I stamped the background stamp "Sheet Music" using Smoky Slate ink over the masked image.  I then peeled off the now dry masking (it's like peeling off sunburned skin) and coloured the image with watercolor pencils and an aqua painter

Some Basic Black card stock was added to both ends and the art piece was added to a Calypso Coral card stock card base at and angle..  The sentiment "Friend"  from Awesomely Artistic" is embossed with Black Embossing powder and added to the art piece using dimensionals

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Floral Statement, Awesomely Artistic, Music Sheet
Inks:  Black Memento, Watercolour Pencils, Versa Mark, Smokey Slate
Papers:  Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories:  Aqua Painter, Black embossing Powder, gold and clear glitter. 

No comments: