Thursday, September 21, 2017

Detailed Gate meets Santa Paws

Hopefully this will not be my last card I make using the Detailed Gate thinlet die. I just love combining it with different stamp sets.  This time I used the Card Front Builder Thinlet dies, Lovely as a Tree stamp set as well as Santa Paws.
For this card I trimmed off the elaborate scroll work on the top of the gate, cut the gate in the middle so it would open, and wrapped the gate edges around the back of the art piece.


The sky elements were die cut with the Card Front Builder thinlet die on a piece of Whisper White card stock,  and to bring out the lights from the moon and stars I adhered a piece of gold foil behind the art piece.

Sponging is one of my favourite techniques, and I used it to bring out the colours of the sky and the landscape.  I first sponged around the moon with Daffodil Delight, bringing the colour down through the sky.  Then I used Night of Navy to sponge the rest of the sky, blending this with Basic Gray and Always Artichoke towards the bottom of the art piece.

Using Basic Gray, I stamped the Lovely as a Tree stamp at the horizon.

Below that I die cut an oval into the art piece.  Behind that oval I attached the images of Santa Paws of the 3 singing cats using dimensionals.




The sentiment was punched with the Word Label punch and attached to the outer gate; a red bow on the other gate.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Santa Paws, Lovely as a Tree
Inks:  Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Always Artichoke, SU Markers, Black Memento
Papers:  Whisper White, Basic Gray, Gold Foil
Accessories:  Layering Oval Thinlets, Detailed Gate Thinlet, Word Label punch, 1/4" Real Red Ribbon (retired), dimensionals, Card Front Builder thinlets,

No comments: