Saturday, January 5, 2013

Warm Winter Wishes - Challenge 204 LNS

The challenge this week is to make a winter card featuring snowflakes.  I had just put all my Christmas stamps etc away, so I was in a bit of a quandry as to how to meet this challenge. But, I put my thinking cap on and came up with a card.
I went on a cleaning spree on New Year's day, putting all the Christmas decorations away, doing laundry, baking bread etc.  Now I'm exhausted, but my house is starting the New Year clean!  I haven't been outside for a couple of days because we've had so much snow, so there should have been a lot of inspiration there to make a card featuring snowflakes.  Too bad snowflakes melt when you bring them in the house or else I could have just scooped some up, put them on a card and called it a day - LOL.
The amount of snow we've had gave me an idea of making snowbanks and having trees emerging from them.  Some areas of the province have really been clobbered with snow - for example Montreal got a dumping of 45 cm in one snowfall!  I imagine the countryside outside the city looks very similar to this.

The snowbank effects were created using a combination of masking and sponging.

Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Winter Memories, Itty Bitties
Inks: Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Always Artichoke
Papers: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Island Indigo
Accessories: Ruffled Island Indigo ribbon, Snowflake die

Starting this week, your creations will be featured in a new spot - a blog especially for the LNS group.  Upload your creations here


 






1 comment:

Kris Sobolik said...

Pretty card with great depth!