Sunday, April 14, 2013

You Are My Sunshine - Try Stampin' on Tuesday #113

Despite the fact that the temperatures outside are chilly, the sun is shining, so I am happy.
I think I'm like a lot of you - "You are my sunshine" is a song my sister and I used to sing together almost everyday.  We could sing it in harmony!  Using this stamp today brought back a lot of memories of times spent with my sister- hiking in the woods, climbing hills, picking wild strawberries, playing with the pet racoon and rabbits, swimming in the water hole - so many memories!
I made this card for the challenge with Try Stampin' on Tuesday here









 

This A2 card has a base card stock of Lucky Limeade, layered with Whisper White card stock.  The lower 1/3 of this layer has been stamped with a honeycomb like pattern back ground stamp - with Lucky Limeade.  The top portion has been embossed with the Honeycomb folder.

The focal image is the sentiment stamp, which was coloured with 3 colours of markers:  Elegant Eggplant, Lucky Limeade, and Tangerine Tango.  In addition, the sun in the middle of the "O" was coloured Summer Starfruit and then a large rhinestone was placed in the center. The sentiment was then stamped on a piece of Whisper White card stock, then layered with Tangerine Tango, the bottom edge of which was punch with the Scallop trim border punch.  A 1/8" piece of green taffeta ribbon and bow was attached to the top of the scallop.

The embellishment was made using the Boho blossom punch.  All 3 of the flowers were punched in Tangerine Tango and formed into a single flower.  This was adhered to a 1" Elegant Eggplant circle and attached to the card.

Here's a list of materials/supplies I used:

Stamp: You Are My Sunshine
Inks: SU markers: Elegant Eggplant, Summer Starfruit, Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade ink pad
Papers: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: 1/8" Old Olive taffeta ribbon, Boho blossom punch, 1" circle punch, Scallop trim border punch, large rhinestone, small rhinestone, dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

MJ said...

I love this. So fun to see this set, I am surprised how few times I see it. Great sample, so glad you participated with the TSOT challenge!