Friday, September 25, 2015

Halloween Pencil Toppers

Some parents don't want their children to have a lot of candy at Halloween fearing that dreaded "sugar" hyperactivity, or cavities in their teeth.  I can relate to that because when my children were little I rationed their candy intake around Halloween.
So I came up with alternative idea for just those children (or for children who can eat candy its good for them as well)- Halloween pencil toppers using the Owl Builder punch to create different spooky characters.  I purchased the Halloween pencils in the dollar store, inserted 2 of them in a 1 by 8" cello bag and taped the Halloween character on.  The rest of the bag was decorated a bit, with black glimmer paper "BOO" and a black bat.

I did close ups of each of the pencil holders.




I'm going to do the same with a Christmas theme.  Stay tuned.

No comments: