Saturday, April 15, 2017

Best Bird Birthday - Just Add Ink #355

I think spring is finally arriving. The temperature has been in the double digits the last couple of days, birds are coming to the bird bath, and squirrels are digging up their buried "spoils". The buds on the trees are starting to swell, but not too much is happening in the garden yet.  I guess that's to be expected because it was only a week ago that we had 2" of snow on the ground.

It's really nice to see and hear the spring birds when I go in the back yard - the fat robins, raucous black birds, chick-a-dees, nut hatches etc. Plus I still hear the Cardinals calling to each other across neighbours' yards.

When I saw the sketch challenge with Just Add Ink, I immediately visualized birds.  Crazy huh??

After building the card base using Soft Suede cardstock layered with Very Vanilla and Scenic Scenery DSP, I stamped and coloured the bird, flowers, and branch.  They were die cut using the coordinating framelits and the edges sponged to take away from the "cut" look and to give dimension to the images.

I used the layering circle framelits to die cut a circle from a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that had been embossed with the chevron embossing folder.  The edge was sponged with Soft Suede ink.

A piece of burlap ribbon was adhered to the card front, and the branch and flowers were attached just below it and slightly overlapping it at one end.

The circle was added with dimensionals; the bird was added using dimensionals as well.  I placed a flower with a bud in the bird's mouth. And of course there are the rhinestones which I placed in the center of each flower.

The sentiment was added to the upper left circle.

Supplies Used:
Stamp: Best Bird
Inks: Black Memento, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black marker, Melon Mambo, Old Olive
Accessories: Chevron embossing folder, Layering circles framelits, Birds & Blooms Thinlet dies, rhinestones, Burlap ribbon, dimensionals.


No comments: