Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Rose Wonder Swap Cards

Every month I swap 3 cards with another group.  This month the topic was "Roses" so used the Rose Wonder stamp set and coordinating framelits to made the swap cards.
The technique I used to color the Roses was the "Floating Reinker Technique" and I was absolutely amazed that I could remember it.

Using White Shimmer card stock, I embossed the Rose image with White embossing powder.
In paint palette containers, I prepared 3 or 4 drops of 3 different colors of re-inkers (diluted with 1 or 2 drops of water): Pool Party, Marina Mist and Dapper Denim.

After thoroughly wetting the embossed image I picked up each color, starting with the lightest color) with my aqua painter and just touched it to the wet surface.  It still amazes me to watch the color spread across the surface!

The leaves were die cut with the coordinating framelits.

Once dry, I fussy cut the Roses and mounted each one on a 3 by 3" piece of Whisper White card stock, which I matted with Pacific Point card stock.  A heart shaped pearl was placed in the center of the Rose and some dazzling details was added around the edges of the petals.  This was added to the card front piece which I had stamped with the background stamp "Brushstrokes" using Soft Sky ink.

The leaves which were added on either side of the flower, extended over the edge of the art piece.

The sentiment is from "Grateful Bunch".

Because the Rose is a fairly large flower, it looked better on a 5 by 5" card base.


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Rose Wonder, Grateful Bunch,Brushstrokes
Inks: Pacific Point, Versa Mark Re-inkers (Pool Party, Marina Mist, Dapper Denim), Soft Sky
Papers: Whisper White, White shimmer paper, Pacific Point, Old Olive
Accessories: White embossing powder, Aqua painter, dimensionals, Rose Garden Thinlets, Flat backed heart pears (non SU), Dazzling Details, Pacific Point satin ribbon (retired)

No comments: