Saturday, May 13, 2017

Sponge Labeling Tip

My sponges were a mess!!

After 5 or more years of using them they were the worse for wear and showed it!!


So, today I threw them out and began the process of making new sponges and identifying labels for them.  In the past I had used the Decorative Label punch, but since it is retiring I started looking around for something else to use.  I realize there is a wonderful punch in the new Annual catalogue, but I was impatient to get going on this project.

Idea!  Use the smaller of the Lots of Labels framelits, placing one end of the framelet over the edge of a folded piece of cardstock.


Starting with one of the In-Colors, I cut each of the colors of card stock (using scraps from my scrap bin) into 1 1/4 by 3" pieces and die cut them as shown in the picture above. The resultant double fold tab was then labelled and stapled to the new sponge.

Now to do the color families.

No comments: