Wednesday, July 26, 2017

For You - Fab Friday #117

What a summer we're having - little sunshine and lots of rain.  Despite that my flowers are blooming.  This morning I noticed that my coneflowers were blooming. That got me thinking about the Daisy punch.  Could I use it to make a Coneflower?
Well I played and played with it and I found I could.
I incorporated this coneflower into the sketch challenge with Fab Friday #117 here



The Tranquil Tide card base is layered with Whisper White and  then Naturally Eclectic DSP.

Inside the 2 1/2" Whisper White circle I placed the coneflower I created using the Daisy punch, along with  2 leaves I cut freehand along the fold of Garden Green card stock. This was matted with a 2 1/2" circle punched in Tranquil Tide card stock.

How did I made the coneflower? And the leaves?

One Daisy was punched in Berry Burst card stock  This flower was cut in half, the petals sponged with Berry Burst ink and curled under with a bone folder.  The two halves were placed on top of each other alternating petals.  When the flower was complete it didn't look right, so I removed one of the petals and - walla- the coneflower was created.  When making the center of the coneflower,  I stamped the two flower centers from the Daisy Delight stamp set - the first using crumb cake, and the other on top of this using Calypso Coral. This was punched out with the 1/2" circle punch. But the center of the coneflower in my garden was fuller and more colorful, so out came my flower soft, something I have not used for a while. I chose the Heather mix and added a bit of yellow and after the glue was set this center was added to the top of the cone flower.



On a folded piece of Garden Green card stock, I cut 2 leaves on the fold, sponged the edges,and adhered them to the circle near the flower.

The focal circle was adhered to the card front using dimensionals; a second smaller circle contained the sentiment from "Best Wishes" was added just to the right below the larger circle.


A 1/8" strip of Tranquil Tide was placed on the lower part of the main circle, proceeding behind the smaller circle extending slightly beyond its other side.  On this circle I placed 3 Glimmer Enamel dots because no card is complete without glimmer.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Daisy Delight, Best Wishes
Inks:  Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Always Artichoke
Papers:  Tranquil Tide, Whisper White, Naturally Eclectic DSP, Berry Burst, Garden Green
Accessories:  1/2" circle punch, 2 1/4" circle punch 2 1/2" circle punch, Daisy punch, Flower Soft (Heather plus Yellow) non SU, Glitter Enamel dots, Dimensionals













No comments: