Sunday, July 16, 2017

My First Christmas Card - Deck the Halls

Now that my July craft show is over, I am starting to make my Christmas cards.  Egad you say!!
Since I am booked up with Christmas shows I really have to start now.
This card, and the card on the next post, were made using the new Christmas stamp I was able to preorder, "Carols of Christmas"


I think I hummed the words to this Christmas carol the whole time I was making this card. "Deck the halls with  boughs of ivy ....."

I highlighted the words with Old Olive and Real Red markers, then die cut the resultant sentiment with Layering Circle framelits.  A mat of scallop Old Olive card stock was die cut at the same time, and the two were adhered together.

In between the words I stamped some Ivy leaves, and below a poinsettia and leaves.

The main card consists of Old Olive card stock, layered first with Whisper White embossed with the Sparkle embossing folder and Iridescent embossing powder and then a piece of Whisper White stamped with the Music Sheet background stamp.  The edges of this Music layer were distressed with scissors and then sponged with Basic Gray ink.  I adhered this layer to the embossed layer sideways. 

A piece of Real Red stitched satin ribbon (retired) was added around the middle of the card, and the focal image was adhered to the right side using dimensionals.

Below the ribbon I adhered an Old Oval tree and 2 deer, all of which were die cut using the Card Builder framelits.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Carols of Christmas, Music Sheet Background Stamp
Inks:  Black Memento, Basic Gray, Soft Suede, Versa Mark, Markers (Old Olive, Real Red)
Papers:  Old Olive, Whisper White, Soft Suede
Accessories:  Sparkle embossing folder, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, 1/2" stitched satin Real Red ribbon, Card Front Builder Framelits, Dazzling Details (clear & red) both retired, dimensionals

No comments: