Wednesday, August 2, 2017

At Home with You - a fall birthday team swap card.

This is my swap card for the team meeting yesterday.  I used the At Home with You stamp set and coordinating framelits. And since I am starting to work on my fall cards I decided to give this card a Halloween/Fall vibe.

These are the 5 cards I made.  It took me a while, but it was well worth it.  Below is a single card:

The door is stamped with Black Memento ink onto Island Indigo card stock.  I die cut the entire door and then came the tricky part - die cutting the actual door in suck a way that the door opened the right way.  Four out of 5 times I got it right.  Hint:  feel the cutting edge of the die for the door only.  One edge is duller than the other.  This side does not cut.  It might be a good idea to mark that side with a marker so you don't make costly mistakes like I did.

On the door front a fall colored wreath with a ribbon made with double linen thread was added.

On a piece of Whisper White cardstock placed behind the door, I stamped the sentiment. Open the door to read the sentiment.


The door was adhered to the card front which was Smoky Slate card stock embossed with the Brick wall embossing folder. At the bottom of the embossed layer I placed a piece of the Wood DSP. The welcome mat was adhered just below the door and onto the wood DSP.  On the upper wall to the right of the door I placed the lantern light which I had colored and die cut.

On the left I placed the pail with the sunflowers and pumpkins which I also colored and die cut.

You can't really see it in the pictures, but I applied some clear Wink of Stella on the sunflowers, pumpkins, wreath and lantern light.


Supplies Used:
Stamp:  At Home with You
Inks:  Black Memento, SU markers
Papers:  Island indigo, Basic Blue, Smoky Slate, Wood DSP, Whisper White
Accessories:  Linen Thread, Brick Wall embossing folder, At Home framelits, dimensionals, glue dots, Clear Wink of Stella


No comments: