Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Using Texture Paste - a surprising result

One of the backgrounds made at last week's team meeting was made by applying re-inkers onto glossy card stock and spritzing with water to  spread the color.

After the background was dry, I impulsively applied texture paste using 2 different decorative masks. No plan!  I was really just experimenting.  My immediate reaction was that I didn't like it as the white color was too stark against the colorful background.  My thought was that I should have colored the paste prior to applying it.

I set the background aside.  Disappointed

A half hour later I glanced at my experiment and was absolutely stunned!

As you can see from the picture on the left, the texture paste absorbed the various colors from the background.  Look at that cacophony of colours!!

Inadvertently I had created a "master piece"

By the way, the background was created using the following re-inkers:  Rich Razzelberry, Pool Party and Daffodil Delight.










Just look at a close up of the top part
Aren't the random gradations of color wonderful?  






                                                                               
On the bottom I used the cloud decorative mask and placed some clouds using the texture paste.  Again just experimenting. And again I was awe struck!

Aren't the colours something else?  You can really see how spectacular the transformation to the clouds are when you look at the one lonely cloud that did not pick up much color.


Because I wanted this background to speak for itself, I added only 2 images embossed in black. I have yet to make it into a card. These images are from "Butterfly Basics"


No comments: