Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Autumn Leaves - Try Stampin ' or Not on Tuesday #339

We can't stop the world turning.  Autumn is making a come back again.  As I post, the leaves are already starting to turn; the daylight is getting shorter, and the nights are definitely getting cooler.  What happened to summer?

The sketch with Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday this week has a fall theme, so I pulled out some extra leaves I had made earlier and used them on this card.

The sketch is by Kaylin.





Earlier I had make a background using reinkers and a spritzer filled with water.  When dry I used the Colorful Season Layering framelits to die cut 3 sizes of leaves.  These I used in my art piece, but before I did, I gold embossed the edges of each leaf.

The leaves were arranged on a 2 1/4 by 2 1/4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock embossed with the Woodlands embossing folder and adhered with a glue dot.  The surface (and the edges) was lightly sponged with Soft Suede ink to bring out the details. Gold glitter Baker's twine tied into a bow was added to the stems of the leaves.

This art piece was added to a square of Cajun Craze turned onto it's side with the right edge cut even with the card edge.

The basic card is Cajun Craze card stock, layered with Very Vanilla card stock, and then a retired fall DSP.  I sponged all these edges with Soft Suede ink.

In the middle I added a 2" strip of Gold Glimmer paper.  This ties all the gold elements together.

The 3/8" Crushed Curry Mini Chevron ribbon is placed over the glitter paper, the Cajun Craze card stock and underneath the art piece.

For the sentiment I highlighted the word "Autumn"  from a sentiment that reads:  "Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower".  The entire sentiment is stamped on the inside of the card.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Autumn (Rosewood stamps)
Inks:  Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Versa Mark
Papers:  Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Gold Glimmer, Shiny card stock background previously made, retired Autumn DSP
Accessories:  Woodlands embossing folder, Gold embossing powder, Gold glitter Baker's twine, 3/8" Crushed Curry mini chevron ribbon, dimensionals. Layering Seasonal Framelits

No comments: