Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Detailed Gate Wedding Card

There are so many possibilities for creating cards/projects using the detailed Gate Thinlet die. Yesterday I posted a Christmas card; I have previously posted a Halloween card.  Today I am posting a wedding card made with this thinlet die.

This time the gate was die cut using gold foil paper.  The ends of the gate were also scored, burnished, and taped around the back of the  Whole Lot of Lovely DSP.  I also cut the gate down the middle so the gate could open.

Picking up the colours of the DSP, I built a wedding bouquet on  a 1 3/4" circle. Using the retired Petite Flower punch, flowers were punched in Powder Pink, Soft Sky, and Tangerine Tango. The leaves were die cut in Garden Green, using the Eclectic Layers Thinlet dies.  All edges were sponged with Basic Gray.
This bouquet was added to the gate using glue dots and to prevent it from sticking to the DSP
I punched an identical 1 3/4" circle punch which I adhered to the back of the circle on the other side of the gate.

On this picture is a close up of the wedding bouquet.
In the middle of each flower I added a gold foil punchie from the 1/8" hand held punch, and then a gold pearl on top of that.

I snipped between the petals of each flower and curled the edges up.  The edges of the leaves were also turned up.

The sentiment, from "Floral Phrases" is embossed in gold on Basic Black card stock, and adhered to the right gate edge.





Here the gate is opened.


















Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Floral Phrases
Inks:  Versa Mark, Basic Gray
Papers:  Basic Black, Lots of Lovely DSP, Gold Foil, Powder Pink, Soft Sky, Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories:  Detailed Gate Thinlet Die, Eclectic Layers Thintlet dies, 1 3/4" circle punch, 1/8" hand held punch, Petite Flower Punch (retired), Pearls, Gold embossing powder





Below is a picture of some of the elements I was able to cut out of this gate:
















No comments: