Sunday, September 10, 2017

Lovely as a Tree Birthday- The Eclipse Technique

The Eclipse technique is very "hot" right now, and today I made a card using that technique. I looked up a few tutorials and used the following:  Kim Wilson  here and Randi Collins here.

I love the versatility and the "wow" factor of this technique; the fact that it can be done with numbers, letters or images.

One of my all time favourite stamp sets is Lovely as a Tree, and tonight I used it in conjunction with the Happy Birthday framelit, to made a winter birthday card.


I started by using Marina Mist and the Watercolor Wash  background stamp to create a wintery sky.  Because I wanted he background to be more subtle, I stamped off once before stamping on the art piece.  Then I stamped the row of trees using Black Memento ink and added some Dazzling Diamonds at the tree bases.


Here's where the fun part comes in.  Using the "Happy Birthday"  die I die directly onto the stamped image. It's important to save all the bits and pieces of the die cut. Strips of foam dimensional tape are then applied to the back of the die cut sentiment. Before replacing the sentiment back in the space where it came from, I adhered the art piece to some Island Indigo card stock, and this to a Marina Mist card base.



Removing the protective covering on the foam tape, I replaced the sentiment back into the negative space.  The rest of the process is much like completing a puzzle. Adhesive was applied to each piece to fill in the remainder of the sentiment.

I wanted to make this a wintery birthday card, so I added some tombo glue, crumbled up some dried texture paste and Dazzling Diamonds and created a snow-like effect at the base of the trees.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Lovely as a Tree, Watercolor Wash
Inks:  Black Memento, Marina Mist
Papers:  Marina Mist, Whisper White, Island Indigo
Accessories:  Happy Birthday Thinlet Die, Dazzling Diamonds, Dry Texture Paste, Clear Faceted Gems

No comments: