Saturday, January 13, 2018

I {heart} you - Paper Craft Sketch Challenge #275

I am so ready for this winter to be over!  Yesterday it rained, so much so that water seeped into my basement.  Then in a matter of hours the temperature plummeted and we're now in a deep freeze again.

Making Valentine's Day cards gives one the feeling that winter is moving along.  So, for the sketch challenge with Paper Craft Sketch Challenge I decided to make a Valentine card.



Play along with the Paper Craft Crew for Sketch Challenge 275. The challenge starts January 3, 2018 and ends January 9, 2018 at 1 PM EST.   Visit the blog at www.papercraftcrew.com to check out the design team samples and to submit your project.  #papercraftcrew #papercrafting #sketchchallenge #color #playalong #imakecards #cardmaker #diy #sendacard #craft #stampinup #cardchallenge #papercraft #bigshot #rainydayfun  #designteam #becreative #artsandcrafts #hobby #snailmail #createeveryday #crafttherapy #creativelifehappylife #pcc2018

I used the new Stamparatus to stamp the images.  The more I use this new stamping tool the more I love it, but I am finding something else.  The vinyl images placed on top of each stamp do not hold very well on the glass plate, and I'm finding that unless I remove that image piece the stamps keep falling off.  So I ended up removing them.

Melon Mambo was used to stamp the large heart.  Using a finger dauber I applied Rich Razzelberry ink around the edges of the stamp for the final stamping (like the rock and roll technique). 


The smaller hearts were stamped with Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo and Rich Razzelberry.
All were die cut using the Lots to Love Box Framelits. The large heart was added to a diagonal strip of DSP layered with Gold Foil.  I added a bow made with a 1/8" stitched Rich Razzelberry ribbon to the bottom of the heart.  The smaller hearts were added below the DSP.

The base card is Rich Razzelberry card stock layered with Gold Foil, Whisper White and then Painted with Love DSP.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Sure Do Love You, Great Big Greetings
Inks:  Melon Mambo, Rich Razzelberry, Calypso Coral
Papers:  Rich Razzelberry, Whisper White, Gold Foil, Painted with Love DSP
Accessories:  Stamparatus, Lots of Love Box Framelits, Clear Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, 1/8" Rich Razzelberry ribbon.

The sentiment, from "Great Big Greetings" was stamped directly onto the DSP.

No comments: