Sunday, March 18, 2018

Bird Banter Long Note Cards

Spring is just around the corner and the Bird Banter stamp set is so reflective of Spring.
I hope you enjoy the 4 long narrow note cards I made using that stamp set.

I used the Whisper White long narrow note cards featured on Page 19 of the Occasions catalogue to make these 4 cute cards.  They are colourful, easy to make and what's great is that they're gender neutral.

Birthday:  "A Little Birdie Told Me it Was Your Birthday".  The birds and balloon were stamped on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock, fussy cut and adhered on a stamped branch.  All images were coloured with the Blendabilities.  The background was stamped with the dot stamp from Timeless Texture.  I used the tutti-frutti adhesive backed sequins as embellishments.
The focal point was backed with Daffodil Delight before adding it the front of the note card.


Thank You:  What a wonderful thank you note to give to family/friends etc.  I just love this parrot.  A strip of Tutti-Fruitti DSP is added at the bottom and the art piece if adhered to a piece of Tutti-Fruitti DSP before adding it to the note card.  Again, the adhesive backed sequins are used.

My son groaned when he saw the sentiment for this one - "Just a Little Toucan of my Appreciation".  The toucon was added to a stitched oval, the background of which is again stamped using the dot stamp from "Timeless Texture".  A strip of Tuttit-Fruitti DSP edged with Daffodil Delight cardstock punched with the Decorative Ribbon punch.


These little Budgies reminded me of the Budgies I used to have.  These little birds were so smart they knew how to open the cage and would hang upside down on the edge of the cage door.  They provided hours of entertainment for myself and my husband.
I used Bermuda Bay to mat the focal piece, and again adhesive backed sequins were used.

Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Bird Banter, Timeless Texture
Inks:  Black Memento, Blendabilities, Bermuda Bay
Papers:  Long Narrow Note cards (Whisper White), Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Tutti-Frutti DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Oval Framelit, Oval punch, Adhesive backed sequins (tutu-fruitti), Decorative Label Edge punch



No comments: