Monday, March 12, 2018

Sliding Barn Door - update

Have any of you had problems using  washers to get the barn door to slide?

Do I have a solution for you!!

I was at a Demonstrator Training session on Sunday and we were all given this tip!  Instead of using washers, make your own sliding mechanism using Stampin' Up products!  Sound interesting?

Below I will describe  how to make them - and you need to make only 2.


Above is the barn door card made as a make and take.

The back of the barn door shows the new sliding mechanism and if I could, I would put a big X through the washers.


For each slider, use 2 pieces of Window Sheet cut at 1/2 by 1" and a 1" piece of foam tape.  Adhere the foam tape between the window sheet pieces, insert this into the die cut track and adhere them to the door using tear and tape adhesive.

Because the foam provides extra height, there is now no need to adhere the barn door to the card front with foam tape.

What could be easier?

No comments: