Friday, April 13, 2018

Pop Up Butterfly Birthday

I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest made by Rachel Tessman.  She used the Dragonfly for her card.  I changed my card up a bit, but I used the same DSP (Petal Garden - which is retiring)

I used Thick Whisper White as my card base folding it in a horizontal fold. On the inside I adhered a 4 by 5 1/4" of Petal Garden DSP

A 2 3/4" strip of the same pattern of Petal Garden DSP was added about 3/4" from the left edge of the card front.  The Classic Label punch was used to punch an aperture in this DSP through which the butterfly would would pop through.

I die cut the butterfly using Basic Black card stock, and the Butterfly Thinlet -  the Framelit was used to die cut the same size butterfly but in Vellum..

The two butterfly layers were adhered together using glue dots.



Glue dots were added to the butterfly unit, the wings folded up and the butterfly inserted through the punched aperture and adhered to the DSP on the inside of the card.  When the card is opened, the butterfly slips through the opening in the front.  On closing the card, the wings are pinched together and inserted back through the aperture and pop back up through the front.


Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Better Together
Inks:  Black Memento, Rich Razzelberry Bendability
Papers:  Thick Whisper White, Petal Garden DSP, Basic Black, Vellum
Accessories:  Butterfly Thinlets and Framelits, Classic label Punch, Pearls

No comments: