Saturday, April 14, 2018

Saying Goodbye to Happy Celebration

What horrible "fowl" weather we are experiencing here in Southern Ontario.  It rained all day yesterday, and this morning the rain started to freeze.  Then it snowed, then rain that froze on top of the snow.  It is expected to be worse tomorrow, and forecasters predict we won't see the sun until Thursday April 19 (5 days from now).

So, I've been busy cleaning drawers, and making more cards.  I much prefer the latter, but sometimes organization takes precedence.

I've been using Water Color Wings stamp set a lot this week, and this card is no exception.

To say farewell to the Happy Celebration stamp set I used 3 retiring colours (Dapper Denim, Peek-a-boo Peach, and Emerald Envy) as well as the Butterfly thinlets to create a bright watercolor  background for this card.  The die cut thinlets give the illusion of the Eclipse effect.


I used the Stamparatus (and hinge stamping) to stamp the background.  After inking the stamp it was spritzed with water before stamping it onto watercolor paper.

Once I stamped all the colours, the paper was spritzed again and then dried  with my heating tool.

Once dry I die cut 3 butterflies and set them aside while I assembled the rest of the card.

The base card of Emerald Envy was matted with Basic Black Card stock, and the die cut watercolor paper was adhered to that.

The die cut butterflies were reinserted into the die cut openings using small dimensionals on the body only.

Some rhinestones and the card was done.  I deliberately omitted the sentiment.

Supplies Used:
Stamp:  Happy Celebration
Inks:  Dapper Denim, Peek-a-boo Peach, Emerald Envy
Papers:  Emerald Envy, Basic Black, Water color paper
Accessories:  Stamparatus, Water spritzer, Heat tool, Butterfly thinlets, small dimensionals, rhinestones.




No comments: